Skip to main content

NOWCA insurance zone

National Open Water Coaches Association

Marsh Sport are the appointed insurance broker to the National Open Water Coaches Association (NOWCA).

As part of your membership with NOWCA you now receive the following insurance benefits which are detailed in this webpage.

Marsh Sport and NOWCA have been working together to provide a comprehensive Personal Accident insurance policy for all members.

What insurance cover is provided?

Personal Accident insurance provides a payment if you are involved in an accident while engaged in a NOWCA approved activity. This extends to include while travelling to or from a swim. For example, if you are seriously injured in a car accident, on the way to a NOWCA swim.

  • Death - £25,000
  • Permanent Total Disablement - £25,000
  • Loss of One of More Limbs - £25,000
  • Loss of Sight in One or Both Eyes - £25,000
  • Loss of Hearing in Both Ears - £25,000
  • Loss of Hearing in One Ear - £6,250
  • Loss of Speech - £25,000
  • Medical Expenses - Up to £30,000
  • Funeral Expenses - Up to £10,000
  • Rehabilitation Costs - Up to £15,000
  • Broken Bones - Arm - £250
  • Broken Bones - Leg - £500
  • Broken Benes - Skull - £500
  • Dental Expenses - Up to £750
  • Physiotherapy - Up to £500
  • Hospitalisation - £50 per day up to £750
  • Coma Benefit - £50 per day up to max 730 days

For full details on the cover provided please refer to the policy summary and wording. 

Reporting an incident

It is important that all incidents that may give rise to a claim, however minor, are reported to Marsh Sport as soon as possible after the event.

In order to notify us of a claim, please complete the Aviva Claim Form. Alternatively, if you’d prefer to speak with a member of the team, please use the contact details below.

Frequently asked questions

  • The Insurance programme is placed by Marsh Sport who are NOWCA's Insurance Broker.
  • The Personal Accident benefits are provided by Aviva.

In addition to covering your while in the water, the Personal Accident insurance also covers you whilst travelling to the activity. Whether this be by car, rail, foot, bike etc. If you are travelling to a NOWCA swim and are seriously injured in an accident, the Personal Accident cover will respond.

No. The cover provided via the NOWCA does not include travel insurance. If you are travelling overseas please speak to Marsh Sport to arrange separate travel insurance.

The Personal Accident policy number is 100735417GPA

An excess of £50 applies to cover for Physiotherapy. There are no other excesses applicable on the policy.

If you are injured and need to make a claim, please complete the Aviva claim form and return it to Marsh Sport -  You must include the policy number on the claim form, when making a claim, as noted below.

Personal Accident cover provides a set financial payment in the event of an accidental injury, such as death, permanent disability, physiotherapy, dental expenses, etc. Please note, this is not an income replacement/ protection policy, but a Personal Accident policy that will provide a set pay out, in the event of an accident.

There are no lower age limits on the Personal Accident policy. However there is an upper age limit of 80 years old.

Whilst participating in events organised by NOWCA and whilst travelling to and/or from an approved activity within the UK. Please note there is no Personal Accident cover for any activity outside of the UK.