Who is covered?
This cover applies only to activities authorised or recognised by Snowsport Scotland, and to members that are UK residents. A full list of snowsport disciplines recognised by Snowsport Scotland can be found within the FAQ’s.
The policy covers:
- Snowsport Scotland.
- Member clubs, associations and organisations.
- Registered instructors, leaders and coaches.
- Registered competitors.
- Individual supporter members.
What insurance do you get as part of your membership?
As part of your membership with Snowsport Scotland you automatically receive the benefit of the Combined Liability insurance. To understand what this covers and to see the main terms and conditions that apply, please make sure you refer to the policy summary and policy wording which can be found in the downloads section below.
The annual policies run from 5th September 2023 – 4th September 2024 (both days inclusive)
The policies' limits are as follows:
- Public and Products Liability – £10,000,000 any one occurrence but in the aggregate in respect of Products Liability. (£250 Excess applies)
- Professional Indemnity - £10,000,000 any one claim and in the aggregate.
- Directors and Officers* – £5,000,000 any one occurrence and in the aggregate (£250 Excess applies).
- Employers Liability* – £10,000,000 each and every claim.
- Abuse cover* - up to £2,000,000 any one claim and in the aggregate.
*The Directors and Officers, Employers Liability and Abuse covers are only applicable to Snowsport Scotland and its member clubs, associations and organisations.
Please Note: Cover is operative for all affiliated Snowsport Scotland constituents on the basis you hold a live and valid membership with Snowsport Scotland and that all master insurance programmes have been renewed by Snowsport Scotland.