As a Core member of British Triathlon, you receive Public Liability insurance up to a limit of £15,000,000 to cover you for swimming, cycling and running activities when training towards a triathlon or multi-sport goal or racing in a triathlon or multi-sport event. You also receive a select number of Personal Accident benefits. Below is a list of what activities you are approved for, via your level of membership:
£15,000,000 Liability Insurance, covering you for the following:
- To race under your race licence in British Triathlon permitted events
- Training alone in the United Kingdom
- Training in/ with a club in the United Kingdom
- Unlimited racing within the United Kingdom at a permitted event
- Racing abroad at ETU/World Triathlon permitted championships and events as listed under https://www.triathlon.org/events. You will also be covered for 4 days training abroad prior to racing at the above events.
Personal Accident cover, whilst training and racing in the United Kingdom and racing at ETU/ World Triathlon permitted championships and events as listed under https://www.triathlon.org/events. You will also be covered for 4 days training abroad prior to racing at the above events.
- Permanent Total Disablement (up to £50,000) including loss of limbs, eyes, speech & hearing
- Death – £10,000
- Broken Bones and Dental cover
To review the full details of the Personal Accident benefits available to you, please review the Personal Accident Policy Schedule available in the downloads section
Core members receive cover for training abroad at ETU/World Triathlon permitted championships and events for 4 consecutive days leading up to the day of the race.
Core members do not receive cover to train abroad at any other time or race abroad at long distance events such as IRONMAN, Challenge Family events etc.
Please note the Personal Accident Insurance does not cover loss of earnings, medical expenses, physio cover etc. If you require any of these covers/ benefits, you will need to upgrade your membership to Ultimate.