Public liability insurance provides protection against legal liability for bodily injury to third parties and damage to third party property.
- Public Liability limit £50,000,000 any one occurrence.
- The policy covers activities anywhere in the world, provided that claims are brought in Great Britain, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands.
- An excess of £250 applies to each and every claim for third party property damage.
- There is no age limit applied to the cover.
- Cover applies to all club activities including training, competitions, club / region administrative meetings, social and fund raising activities
Public liability cover for competitions and events
Track & Field Competitions
- All Track and Field competitions/events must have a valid licence in order for insurance cover to apply.
You can apply for a licence through UK Athletics: https://www.uka.org.uk/competition/track-field/track-field-licensing/
Non- stadium running and walking events
Licences are required in order for insurance cover to apply for non-stadium running and walking competitions if the event:
- Has 150 or more participants, or
- Charges for entry, or
- Has runners taking part who are not in an affiliated club.
For the avoidance of doubt, in respect of non-stadium running and walking events only, licences are not required, if the event:
- Has less than 150 participants, and
- Does not takes an entry fee, and
- Has only club runners from affiliated clubs taking part.
You can apply for a licence for road races and multi-terrain races using the links below:
Cover for competition and events applies to athletics events within one of the six disciplines defined in UK Athletics Rules for Competition:
- Track and Field
- Race Walking
- Cross Country
- Road Running
- Fell, Hill and Mountain Running
- Trail Running.
Cover is also included for Highland Games/Heavy Throwing events licensed by Scottish Athletics.
Cover does not apply to any event that is not described in UKA Rules for Competition such as Colour Runs and events that incorporate obstacles, unless the event is a Fun Run incorporated within the programme of a licensed event.