.osano-cm-link {display: none;} .osano-cm-widget {display: none;}
Skip to main content

Motor club insurance


ClubGuard is an insurance product that can combine multiple risk areas into a single insurance policy, as well as being flexible enough to add extra covers when required.

The purpose of the policy is to work alongside and in support of the Motorsport UK Liability Master insurance policy, which provides cover for a number of elements of risk for Motorsport UK registered clubs.

The Motorsport UK Liability Master insurance policy covers certain aspects for Motorsport UK registered clubs. They are noted in the “Blue Book” as:

  1. Events arranged by clubs held under a Motorsport UK Permit of Certificate of Exemption.
  2. Marshals training days.
  3. Some social activities noted on the Motorsport UK website.
  4. Approval may be given for the demonstration of vehicles.

What does the policy cover?

  • Property. If a club owns any property such as timing equipment, computers, radio equipment or trophies, these can be insured under a property insurance policy for any damage, loss or theft.
  • Employers Liability. As a club you are responsible for the health and safety of volunteers and contractors that work for you outside Motorsport UK Permitted Events as they are defined as employees as they are carrying out activities for and on behalf of the club. If you are unsure about whether or not a person is an employee under the Employers’ Liability (Compulsory Insurance) Act, please refer to the following explanatory document provided by the Health and Safety Executive.
  • Public liability – racing, rallying, and practice. Unless you have a Motorsport UK permit that covers club practising, racing or rallying then you will need separate insurance. Karting clubs in particular require this cover.
  • Public liability – fireworks. The use of fireworks is not covered under the Motorsport UK Liability policy, meaning that if you arrange this type of event as a club you will need Public Liability insurance to protect the club from potential claims from the third parties attending the event.
  • Public liability – commercial activities. If the club performs any commercial activities for profit or gain, for example hiring out your timing or communications equipment, or providing any of the club’s services for a fee, then we are able to provide this cover.
  • Directors, officers, and trustee indemnity. If they are accused of any “wrongful act”, they can be held personally liable for their actions and decisions. The Motorsport UK policy does not provide this cover for individuals outside Permitted Events, but we are able to assist for everything that falls outside of this.